Want to play CS 1.6 with friends? But don’t know how to create your private online server for counter strike 1.6? Here’s a complete guide that will help you to play counter strike 1.6 online with your friends and the main feature is that you will get low latency while playing the game with your friends online.
It has been more than 20 years since Counter-Strike 1.6 launched in the market but still, many players don’t know how they can play with their friends in the game.
The method of playing counter strike 1.6 with your friends online is not too complicated but still, most of the players end up giving on it. Let’s first see how to create a server and play cs 1.6 online with friends through the internet method.
How to Play CS 1.6 Online with Friends – Through Internet (Private Server)
To play counter strike 1.6 with your friends online, you will require software called ZeroTier One which helps to connect with your different friends in a LAN network fashion.
With this feature, you can easily play the game with your friends online and the most important point – your latency in the game will be too low which is a good point while playing any online games as compared with other methods, and also you can easily add bots in the server.
Not only Counter-Strike, but you can also play any other online games which support LAN connection using the ZeroTier One application.
Follow the below steps to play counter strike 1.6 with your friends online using ZeroTier:-
1) First go to the ZeroTier One official website and download the ZeroTier application on your PC. It will not take more than 2 minutes to download it since it’s hardly a 15.9 MB application file.
2) Once the download is completed, install the ZeroTier One application on your PC. Now just run the application and in the taskbar section, you will see the ZeroTier One application.
3) Now go to the official ZeroTier website again and create a free account by clicking on the “Register” link. You can easily create your free ZeroTier One account using Google, Microsoft, Github.
4) Once the account gets created, login to it, and now just click on the “Create A Network” to create your network. A new network will appear in the “Your Network” section. (In our case, a network id named “d5e5fb653746a78e” got created)
5) Just click on the new network, and give a name, description to your network. Now comes the most important part – Make sure that you select “Public” in the Access Control section.
6) Just copy the ZeroTier One network ID located at the top section and share it with your friends. (In our case, it is “d5e5fb653746a78e” network id)
7) Now open the ZeroTier One application located in the icons section of the taskbar. Click on the “Join Network” section and enter the network id which you copied in the previous step. Select only the “Allow Managed IP” option and then just click on the “Join” button.
8) ZeroTier application will automatically connect to the network. Just make sure that you click on the “Yes” button in the Network section for establishing a successful connection.
9) For some cases, a Firewall message will pop up on your screen. Just select both Private as well as Public options for it and then click on the “Ok” button. Every process is now done for establishing the connection.
10) Now just tell your friends to install the ZeroTier application on their PC and connect to the network id you have created (The same steps from 7 to 9). Once they got connected to the network, you can see their connection status in your ZeroTier network account.
11) Now the player (host) can easily create private cs 1.6 servers using HLDS and other players can easily join in the private server. It involves the same process of creating a server with a LAN connection.
However, if you don’t know how to create and join the server then just follow the steps in the below section after you are done till step 10 in this section.
(Related: How to Boost Wi-Fi Speed for Gaming)
How to Create and Join a Counter Strike 1.6 Server Online
If you want to create a private server in counter strike 1.6, then just follow the below steps:-
1) Go to your Counter-Strike 1.6 folder directory where you have installed it on your PC and run the HDLS.exe application located in the same folder.
2) In the HDLS application, just select the game as “Counter-Strike”, Network type as “LAN” and make sure that UDP Port is set to 27015. (Set other settings like Server Name, Map, RCON Password, and Max Players according to your preference)
3) When you are done with it, just click on the “Start Server” button and your server will now get created. For further configuration like Friendly-Fire, Starting Money, etc, all those options are present in the “Configure” section.
4) Just copy the IP Address from the Main section. Now run your Counter-Strike 1.6 game and open up your console by pressing the (~) button on your keyboard.
5) In the console, just type “connect copied_ip_address” and hit enter to join the match. Do note that you will need to add the IP address which you have copied in the above step and paste it in the place of copied_ip_address. (For eg, I will write “connect 10.241.140.118:27015” in the console and then hit enter to join my private server).
6) Now tell your friends to write the same connect commands in their game console (same 5th step process). They will get joined in your match server once they hit enter button after writing the same connect commands. (In my case, the command was “connect 10.241.140.118:27015”)
7) Kudos!!! Now you can easily play counter strike 1.6 with your friends without even worrying about the latency issue.
Watch the below video that will help you out to play CS 1.6 with your friends online as well as offline:-
Play CS 1.6 with Friends Online – Related FAQ:
Some short answers to additional queries related to playing Counter-Strike 1.6 online with friends are listed below:-
1. How to Add Bots to CS 1.6 Online Server?
If you want to add bots to the server, then the host player just needs to open the HLDS and in the HLDS console section, just type the “bot_add” command and hit Enter key to add a bot in the game. To add more bots, just copy and paste the command and hit Enter key continuously.
2. How to Change Bot’s Difficulty in CS 1.6 Online Server?
If you want to set the different difficulties for bots, then the host player just needs to open the HLDS and in the HLDS console section, just type “bot_difficulty 0” for easy bots, 1 for intermediate, 2 for hard, and 3 for expert bot difficulty.
3. How Many Players Can Connect using ZeroTier?
Since ZeroTier is currently free to use, there are limitations on the number of players who can join the same network. Currently, it allows up to 100 connections in the same network which means 100 players can connect in the same network using ZeroTier.
Setting up your private server and playing CS 1.6 with your friends online through the internet is too easy. Just in a matter of steps, you can play the game with your friends online using the ZeroTier application. Even you can run all the server commands as bot add, bot difficulty, etc in the HLDS console to increase the gaming experience.
If you are facing difficulty while playing Counter-Strike with your friends, then just comment below your problem. We will help you out with the perfect solution ASAP!!!