Dealing with servers busy errors in PUBG? Then read the complete article which will help you to fix PUBG servers are too busy errors with 11 best ways.
PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds or PUBG is currently one of the most famous multiplayer battle-royale PC games. While you are reading this article, Millions of users right now are playing the game in real-time.
Recently, PUBG rolls out a big update after which many players report a common issue that they are facing i.e. servers are too busy please try again error when logging in the game or while starting the match.
What are Servers are Too Busy Please Try Again Later Error in PUBG?
As the statement itself clarifies that the PUBG main servers are too busy during that particular time. But in some cases, there might be some other issues that create the server busy error.
PUBG has a huge base of players playing at the same time, but due to limited servers most of the players cannot match up in the single server and thus they get Servers are too busy error.
After analyzing lots of forums and websites, we summed up 11 best methods which are effective to fix Servers are too busy errors in PUBG.
So here are the methods which will help you to fix PUBG servers are too busy error.
11 Best Ways to Fix PUBG Servers are Too Busy Error
- Power-Cycling or Resetting your Modem
- Check Whether Servers are Under Maintenance
- Disabling Proxy Settings
- Disable P2P Clients and File Sharing Softwares
- Turn Off the Firewall
- Disable Our Antivirus
- Turn Off the VPN
- Change your Server Location
- Reset your DNS Configuration
- Change IP Configuration
- Disable Incompatible Applications
Let’s see all the methods in detail.
1. Power-Cycling or Resetting your Modem
Turning Modem off and then turning it back on might help to fix the connectivity error if created by a poor connection. You can also try resetting your Modem by touching the tiny reset hole situated at the back of the Modem.
It will completely reset your Modem and you will have to configure it once again like Setting up the WiFi passwords, etc.
If you don’t want to reset your Modem then just power cycle your modem and try resettings your DNS configuration and IP configuration explained in the methods below.
2. Check Whether Servers are Under Maintenance
If you are playing PUBG for a long time then you might know that a lot of minor or major updates roll out frequently to fix critical bugs and new features in the game.
The Developer usually puts the server under maintenance to push out the updates. So if you are trying to play during the maintenance time then you will get the prompt saying server under maintenance or sometimes servers are too busy please try again later error.
Therefore you need to wait until the PUBG maintenance time ends completely and after it gets complete, just update your game before trying to play it.
3. Disabling Proxy Settings
If you have enabled the Proxy settings in your system then it might cause some internet delay in connectivity. Hence, slowing your Internet speed which is not good speed to connect with the PUBG server.
Just Disable your Proxy settings to get stable connectivity. If you don’t know how to disable your Proxy server in your PC then follows the below steps to turn off it:
Press “Windows” key from your Keyboard and then type in “Proxy” in the Windows Search section
You will see the “Change Proxy Settings” option in the search result. Just open it by clicking on it (In case you do not find it then search complete phrase “Change Proxy Settings” exactly)
Once the Proxy Settings dialog box opens up, just disable the Automatic Detect Settings in the Automatic Proxy Setup
In case you manually set up the proxy server then just turn off the Use Proxy Server in Manual Proxy Setup
Save your Settings and restart your PUBG game. Try reconnecting back once again to see whether the server issue is fixed.
4. Disable P2P Clients and File Sharing Softwares
Peer to Peer client software’s like voice chat applications etc consume large amounts of bandwidth and thus less bandwidth are available for other resources like PUBG and Steam.
This leads to a slow connection problem and therefore sometimes we get the server error in PUBG.
Disable or Turn off those P2P clients’ software to save more bandwidth for other resources.
File-sharing software like torrents downloader, etc may create problems with steam connections. Make sure you turn off those applications while playing PUBG on your pc to avoid any server connection errors.
5. Turn Off Firewall for Steam and PUBG
In some cases, the Firewall is one of the problems which blocks the game from connecting with the main network server.
Although Firewall is useful for security and must be set to always ON but for playing the game, you can disable firewalls for Steam and PUBG application specifically, and then after you finish playing it, set it back to On to enable the firewall for both the application.
You can turn off the complete Firewall or you can just bypass applications from Firewall. Just turn on the Firewall once you finish playing the game.
To turn off the Firewall in Windows PC, follow the below steps:
- In Windows Search tool, type “Firewall and Network Protection” and open it
- In the Firewall and Network Protection dialog box, click on the “Allow app through Firewall”
- Click on “Change Settings” in the Allowed apps and Features section
- Search for the Steam app and uncheck the Private and Public Firewall for it
- Similarly, for PUBG, uncheck the both Private and Public Firewall
- Save it by pressing OK button
If you are on Mac then follow the below steps:
- Go to System Preferences and click on System and Security
- Click on the Firewall tab situated next to FileVault
- Click on the Lock icon situated at the bottom right corner and enter the administration password to make changes in the Firewall settings
- Lastly, click on the “Turn Off Firewall” to disable your Firewall and after playing set it back to On by clicking the same button
You have successfully turned off Firewall for Steam and PUBG. Try starting PUBG again and see if the problem still occurs or not. If it does not help then don’t worry there are more solutions.
6. Disable your Antivirus
Some aggressive antivirus like Avast, AVG, Norton, etc sometimes blocks the steam client receiving the updates or prevent Steam server connecting with your PC. Thus, blocking up any latest update is available to download on your PC.
Just Disable the Antivirus and Restart your Steam engine. If you are worried about if any malware or virus attacks your PC then just enable the Windows Defender.
It is pre-installed in your PC and not as aggressive as Avast, Norton, etc. Hence, it helps to block malware and viruses even if your main anti-virus software is turned off.
Must Read:- 13 Best Games To Stream On Twitch in 2020
7. Turn Off the VPN
Are you using a VPN like NordVPN, etc to mask your IP address or trying to connect with foreign servers in PUBG?
In some cases, VPN blocks the steam client from connecting with the main network.
Some VPNs also interfere with the PUBG server connectivity. Hence, you must turn off your VPN before trying again to reconnect with the main server to eliminate any VPN connectivity issues.
8. Change your Server Location
Some time due to overloading in the local server. You may get a “Servers are too busy” error. It usually happens when the server is not capable of handling a huge response at the same time.
If it is the local server problem you are trying to connect then just change your server location to the nearby available servers to bypass the server issue.
Just you have to make sure that you have speedy internet connectivity for playing PUBG on different servers, else Ping issue might conflict during gameplay.
To change your Server location, follow the below instructions:
- Start your PUBG game and if you get “Servers are too busy” error then first try reconnecting again
- In case it does not work then click on the “Globe” icon situated at the bottom right corner
- It will list you complete PUBG servers you can try to connect to. Just choose a server located near to your present local server location to reduce some Ping issue
- Click on the nearby server and see if your PUBG server busy issue is fixed or not.
If the servers are under maintenance, then you will mostly get the “Servers are too busy” error. You need to check out on the PUBG Official Twitter account to see if any ongoing maintenance is going on or not.
9. Reset your DNS Configuration
Lots of DNS configuration gets set up in your PC and sometimes some DNS configuration may get corrupt resulting in poor stable connectivity.
For games like PUBG, it requires a stable internet connection to play it. Therefore you must remove all the DNS corrupted configuration by resetting your DNS config.
To reset your DNS configuration, follow the below steps:
1) Press “Windows” key from your keyboard and type “cmd” in the search tool
2) Once you find cmd, right-click on it and click on “Run as administration” and run it
3) Type “ipconfig /flushdns” to flush all the DNS cache
4) Now, Type “netsh int ipv4 reset” to reset the ipv4 settings
5) Now, Type “netsh int ipv6 reset” to reset the ipv6 settings
6) Type “netsh Winsock reset” to reset the Winsock
7) Type “ipconfig /registerdns” to register new DNS record
8) All done. Restart your PC. You have successfully reset the DNS configuration
After you reset the DNS configuration, try starting pubg and see if the problem still occurs or not. In case if the problem persists, there are more methods to try below.
10. Change your IP Configuration
Sometimes wrong IP configuration leads the player to get Servers are too busy errors. So changing the IP configuration might help you to fix the PUBG error.
To change your IP configuration, follow the below steps:
1) Open Run dialog box by pressing “Windows + R” key from your keyboard
2) Type ncpa.cpl and press enter to open the Network adapter dialog box
3) Right-click on your WiFi or Ethernet Connected adapter and click on “Properties”
4) In the Properties section, uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/iPv6) and check the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/iPv4)
5) Save it. That’s all. You have successfully changed your IP configuration which might help to fix PUBG servers busy error.
11. Disable Incompatible Applications
Steam is not compatible with some applications running in the background simultaneously. It can create connection issues for Steam.
Softwares like Download Accelerator Managers, IP Blocking programs, etc are some software that is incompatible with Steam.
Here is the list of software that is incompatible with Steam.
Follow the below steps to disable the incompatible software through Task Manager:
- Open Task Manager by pressing “CTRL+SHIFT+ESC” from Keyboard
- Go to “Startup” section, and see if there are some software’s which are incompatible with Steam
- If yes, then select the application and then click “Disable” to stop the application from starting every time after boot.
It is annoying when you want to play PUBG badly and you get servers are too busy, please try again error.
It happened with me a lot but I found some of the above methods which helps me to fix the error easily.
Just keep in mind to check whether it’s a maintenance day or not from their Official PUBG Twitter account.
In case if it is not a maintenance day and you still get a server busy error then I hope by following our above guide might help you to fix it without any problem.
If you are stuck up in any method or don’t understand any points then you can comment below. I will try to give you the solution asap.
If you have some other methods which help to fix PUBG servers are too busy error then ping me in the comment section. I will add it if it is valuable with proper credits.
Share the post with your friends to help them to fix the server error in PUBG.