Are you dealing with NoxPlayer Lag? Want to fix NoxPlayer Lag? The article contains a complete step-by-step guide about how to fix lag in NoxPlayer with 13 proven methods.
NoxPlayer is the most excellent Android emulator available for PC, helping to run various android games or apps on PC. Currently, it is one of the best android emulators in its industry. Although it is the most excellent emulator, there might be a chance that you might encounter lags in the NoxPlayer.
It depends on your Pc specs like Processor, Ram, etc. to run NoxPlayer smoothly. However, you can mostly fix lag in NoxPlayer. You must know the minimum and the recommended system requirements for your pc to run NoxPlayer smoothly. Let’s see the minimum requirements first.
NoxPlayer Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: At least Dual Core Processor (Intel or AMD, both are OK)
- Ram: 2 GB
- Disk Storage: 1.5 GB Free Space Required
- Operating System: Windows XP SP 3 or Higher Version
- Video: Supports OpenGL 2.0 or Higher
- Directx: Directx 9.0 or Higher
You will experience lag if you have your PC specs lying in the minimum requirements config. The above PC specs will only be helpful to run NoxPlayer on your PC.
If you do not meet up the minimum requirements, then NoxPlayer will get installed on your PC, but it will lag while playing games.
NoxPlayer Recommended System Requirements
- Processor: At least Quad Core Processor Intel or AMD with VT-x [Virtualization Technology Support]
- Ram: 4 GB
- Disk Storage: 2 GB Free Space Required
- Operating System: Windows 7 or Higher
- Video: Supports OpenGL 4.0
- Directx: Directx 11 or Higher
NoxPlayer requires some high requirements to run your games smoothly. If you have a low-end PC, there is a lot of chance that lag might occur during the gameplay.
But you can quickly stop NoxPlayer Lag. Now, let’s see how you can fix lag in NoxPlayer easily just by following our points.
How to Fix Lag in NoxPlayer – Boost FPS Quickly (2022)
Here are the 13 best methods that can easily help you to fix lag and boost FPS in NoxPlayer. Just implement each method and you will see a drastic fps performance boost while playing games in NoxPlayer.
- Change Your Nox Emulator Settings
- Enable Virtualization Mode to fix NoxPlayer Lag
- Install Required Programs for NoxPlayer
- Set High Priority for NoxPlayer in Task Manager
- Install Game Performance Booster Software
- Change the Battery Power Plan to High Performance
- Update Outdated Graphics Drivers
- Change your In-Game Settings to Fix Lag in NoxPlayer
- Set Graphics Plan to High Performance
- Change the Visual Effects to High Performance
- Uninstall Unwanted Programs & Clear the Cache
- Disable Auto-Startup of Programs
- Install the Latest Version of NoxPlayer
Let’s discuss all the methods listed above in detail.
1) Change Your Nox Emulator Settings
NoxPlayer automatically assigns settings for balance mode depending on your system specifications. NoxPlayer has four different Performance settings modes like High for maximum Performance, Middle for balanced Performance, Low for Lower Performance, and Custom for User Preference.
NoxPlayer sets its Performance mode to the medium by default to maintain the balance between NoxPlayer and other programs running simultaneously in the OS background.
You will need to set NoxPlayer to Custom mode and assign the CPU cores, RAM, Rendering mode, etc., manually and also make changes in the Game settings section.
Set the Emulator Performance Configuration Settings as below:
- Set CPU Core to the Maximum as supported by your Processor (i.e., 8 Core, 4 Core, etc.)
- Fixed Memory to Maximum same as your RAM size
- Set Graphics Rendering mode to Speed (Directx)
- Change the Resolution Setting to 1600×900 or 1280×720 (Lower the Resolution to maximize the performance)
For some users, OpenGL works better than Directx. So, you must choose the one wisely. In my case, OpenGL worked better than Directx. Therefore, I did not switch to Directx.
Set the Emulator Game Settings as below:
- Set Frame Settings to High FPS (120 FPS)
- Enable the Turn off your Mouse acceleration for better aiming in Shooting games
- Enable Open ASTC Texture (Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression)
- Save your Settings and Restart your NoxPlayer
ASTC is helpful in some games like PUBG, etc., but for some, it might cause lag. Therefore, I recommend you to check and test the game with this option enabled. If the game lags after allowing it, simply uncheck it to disable it.
(Related – Best Ways To Fix Lag in Gameloop)
2) Enable Virtualization Mode to Fix NoxPlayer Lag
NoxPlayer requires Virtualization Technology to boost the performance of the emulator. Virtualization Technology depends on the Processor brand. Virtualization allows you to use full System capacity by allocating more higher levels of resource utilization.
To detect whether Virtualization is enabled, you can simply go to the “System info” in the NoxPlayer Menu. It gives information about your system and also checks if Virtualization is enabled or not.
To enable Virtualization mode then follow the below steps:
- Go to your BIOS by pressing the DEL key while starting up the PC
- Go to the Advanced section & under Processor, go to Virtualization
- Set VT to enabled and save your settings by pressing the F10 key
- Restart your PC
If you are running NoxPlayer on Windows 8 or 10, there might be a chance of conflict between Hyper-V and Virtualization Technology.
Therefore, you must disable Hyper-V first before enabling Virtualization. To disable Hyper-V, go to the Control Panel -> Program & Features -> Turn Windows Features On or Off -> Un-tick the Hyper-V folder and click on OK.
3) Install Required Programs for NoxPlayer
Before installing NoxPlayer, you must have Directx, Net Framework, and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages (2008,2010,2013) installed on your PC.
You can download it easily from the Internet and install it on your PC. Just note that you Download the Redistributable packages according to your system architecture (x64 or x86)
4) Set High Priority for NoxPlayer in Task Manager
Operating System sets utilization resources like Memory, CPU, etc. for all the programs running in the background of your system. Mostly, it gets assigned to the “Normal” mode.
You can increase the Performance of NoxPlayer by changing the Nox emulator’s priority to “High” mode in Task Manager. This option will allow the Operating System to load more resources for the Nox emulator.
To change the Nox Emulator priority in Task Manager, press “CTRL + SHIFT + ESC” to open Task Manager and go to the “Detail” section. In the detail section, search for the Nox emulator.
Right-click on the Nox emulator process, go to “Set Priority” and change the priority by selecting “High” mode. Do not run too many other backgrounds running apps like Video Player, etc. because it might lag due to fewer available resources for the process.
(Related – Best Ways to Speed Up BlueStacks 5)
5) Install Game Performance Booster Software
You can increase the Performance of the NoxPlayer by simply installing Game Booster applications, which help to stop unnecessary background processes and clear RAM.
It also clears junked files, enables windows optimization settings, etc., and helps fix the NoxPlayer emulator lag. I would recommend you to download and install Advanced Game Booster on your PC.
6) Change the Battery Power Plan to High Performance
OS tries to maintain a balance between Performance and Battery to maximize battery life by reducing the performance. You can set it to “High Performance” by merely going to your Control Panel and clicking on “Power Option”. Set the plan mode from Balance to High Performance.
If you have installed any driver booster application, you might get a plan named “Driver Booster Plan”. You can select it too, or “High Performance” mode is OK.
7) Update Outdated Graphics Drivers
You can quickly fix lag in the emulator just by updating the outdated graphics drivers. In my case, it helped me a lot to reduce the NoxPlayer lag.
Many applications are available on the Internet, which are free of cost and help to update the outdated drivers easily. You can download Advanced Driver Booster, which is free and has a frequently updating driver database.
Just install the Driver Booster and Scan your System. Once the scanning completes, it will show you all the outdated drivers in your system. Click on the Download button, and Driver Booster will download and install the latest version of the obsolete drivers.
Note: If you encounter any problem after installing the new drivers, then you can simply restore the drivers to the previous version because Driver Booster creates a system restore point before installing any drivers on your PC.
8) Change your In-Game Settings to Fix Lag in NoxPlayer
Every game like PUBG, Call of Duty, etc. has its settings to maximize performance in the game. You can set the in-game settings depending on the game you want to play in the NoxPlayer.
You can quickly get the best settings information for the particular game in NoxPlayer by just searching on YouTube. Most of the games share similar game settings.
You can set your game settings to the below ones to fix lag while playing high-end games in Nox player. In my case, I am discussing only PUBG mobile but most of the other games have similar settings to config.
- Graphics: Smooth
- FPS: 60 (Extreme)
- Aliasing: Disable
- Style: Colorful
- Auto-Adjust Graphics: Disable
(Related – Best Methods to Fix CoD Mobile Lag)
9) Set Graphics Plan to High-Performance Mode
Your Graphics Driver adjusts the Graphics plan to a balanced model between Quality and Performance. Hence, you can set it to Performance mode to boost up the NoxPlayer FPS.
To set the Graphics Plan to “High Performance,” follow the steps mentioned below:
- Right-click on the Desktop and click on the “NVIDIA Control Panel.”
- Go to “Manage Settings” and under “Global Settings,” set the Predefined Graphics Processor to “High-Performance NVIDIA Processor.”
- Save your NVIDIA Graphics Settings
The above method is just for NVIDIA Graphics Card PC. For an AMD-based PC, you will need to follow different settings. You can read it here.
10) Change the Visual Effects to High Performance
Changing the Visual Effects to “High Performance” mode will reduce the useless effects of running in the background. It will improve your NoxPlayer Performance.
To set the Visual Effects to “High Performance”, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the “My Computer” icon and click on “Properties.”
- Click on “Advanced System Settings” and Under the Performance tab, click on “Settings.”
- In the Visual Effects tab, select the “Adjust for best performance” option
- Save your settings by clicking on the “Apply” button
11) Uninstall Unwanted Programs & Clear the Cache
Whenever you install any programs on your PC, it runs in the background process and consumes CPU resources, which in Turn reduces the Performance of NoxPlayer if running simultaneously.
Also, it creates temporary files to be stored on your PC, which are useless and occupies storage space in your Hard Disk. Thus, it reduces the overall PC performance.
You can uninstall all the unwanted programs you don’t want from your PC by using Programs & Features in the Control Panel to help reduce the CPU load.
To clear the temporary cache, you can type “Temp” in Run, and File Explorer will pop up showing all the cache files. Just delete all the cache files, it will free up space in your Hard Disk.
12) Disable Auto-Startup of Programs
Some apps automatically start when Windows loads. Example – Teamviewer, Uttorent, Adobe, Google Chrome, etc. This application consumes resources in the background, which in Turn reduces the Performance of NoxPlayer. You can disable the Startup Programs to fix the Nox emulator lag quickly.
To disable Auto-Startup Programs in Windows 10, follow the steps:
- Open your Task Manager by pressing “CTRL + SHIFT + ESC”.
- Go to the “Startup” tab. It will show the list of all startup programs
- Right-click on the program which you don’t want to load during startup
- Click on “Disable” and follow the same procedure for other startup processes
- Restart your PC & then run your NoxPlayer
To disable Auto-Startup Programs in Windows 7, follow the steps:
- Click on your Start Menu and type “MSConfig” to load the system configuration window
- Click on the “Startup” tab. It will show you the complete list of all startup programs
- The applications with the checkbox selected are the ones that load during the startup of the Windows
- To disable the startup programs, uncheck the Programs which you don’t want to load during the startup
- Once done with the selection, click on “Apply All” and Save your Startup settings
- Restart your PC & then run your NoxPlayer
Only deselect the programs which are third-party based. If you uncheck any WIndows Programs, then your system might crash during startup. Please carefully make changes to it. There are different settings to disable startup programs for various Windows OS versions.
13) Install the Latest Version of NoxPlayer
If none of the above methods worked for you to fix NoxPlayer Lag, you could try to reinstall the latest version of the NoxPlayer. You can check out whether your NoxPlayer is updated or not, just by running NoxPlayer.
If the latest version is available, then NoxPlayer will prompt you to install the latest available version. There might be a chance that the previously installed Nox player functions incorrectly. You could reinstall the NoxPlayer if none of the above methods didn’t work for you.
If the above methods didn’t work for you, then it’s time to upgrade your PC specifications, specially Processor, Graphics Card, and Memory.
If you find difficulty while following these methods, then comment below. I will provide you with a solution as fast as I can. Please share the post with your friends who want to fix the lag in NoxPlayer.
If you are looking for other emulators optimization guides like Gameloop, Bluestacks, etc then you can get them from here.