Dealing with PUBG mobile Lag and Ping problem, read the complete article to know about 23 Effective Ways To Fix Lag In PUBG Mobile and To Fix Ping Problem.
There are two sections in the post. First section deals with how to fix lag in PUBG Mobile and the second section deals with how to reduce ping in PUBG mobile.
Although it is a pretty awesome game, there are some issues that reduce gaming experience in it like lag, ping, connection problems, etc.
With more updates in the game, PUBG developers are not optimizing the game for low-end devices.
Mostly the Lag occurs in the game due to rendering during the gameplay. Like if you land on an intense area like Bootcamp or Pochinki, there will be more render lag as most of the enemies land for loots and kill. You can fix lag in PUBG mobile more easily.
23 Effective Ways To Fix Lag In PUBG Mobile
- Use GFX Tool To Fix Lag In PUBG mobile
- Use QBoost++ to Boost Your Device Performance
- Change Device Resolution Using Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Force 4x MSAA & Change Animation Scale
- Enable Overclock Mode
- Disable Auto-Adjust Graphics
- Uninstall Unnecessary Applications
- Install Game Booster For PUBG Lag Optimization
- Charge Your Device Before Playing PUBG
- Disable Battery Saver & Battery Optimization for PUBG
- Clear Internal Memory Space
- Clear Cache
- Disable Apps running in the background
- Repair and Reinstall PUBG Mobile.
- Turn Off Useless Services
- Minor Tips To Improve The Game Experience.
- Install VPN To Solve Ping Problem
- Switch to Airplane Mode
- Install Pinger v.2 To Reduce Ping in Pubg Mobile
- Set Mic to Push to Talk Mode
- Use Wi-Fi rather than Phones Internet Data
- Choose the Right Server According to Your Location
- Use a Good Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Fix Lag in PUBG mobile:
You can easily boost up your game and can mostly fix lag in the game. Let’s discuss everything in detail.
1. Use GFX Tool To Fix Lag In PUBG mobile
One of the best tool available on google play store which can help you to unlock 60 Fps.
It also reduces lag as it provides graphics option like So Smooth which remove unnecessary graphics from the game and thus, reduces the rendering lag.
To implement the GFX Tool, follow these steps:-
- Open Google Play Store
- Search for GFX Tool
- Download and install the first one.
- Open it
- Select the “Game Version”.
- Adjust the graphics mode to “So Smooth”
- Adjust the Graphics resolution to “1280×720”
- Choose the Classic style.
- Choose “60 FPS” in the FPS section of the app.
- Disable Shadows.
- Adjust Rendering Quality to ‘Low’
- Disable Light Effects.
- Enable “Save Control” settings.
- Enable “GPU optimization” which reduces unnecessary effects.
- Save the Settings and Run the game.
If you have little money in your pocket then I would recommend buying PGT+ Toolkit. It costs only Rs 65 to buy the PGT+ application, and it is worthy of buying it.
Although you can get the mod apk of the PGT+ on the Internet but those are not safe to install.
PGT stands for Pro Graphics Toolkit. It is a paid application that offers lots of features like Memory Boost, Zero Lag Mode, Potato Graphics, GPU Optimization, etc. as compared to other GFX tool on the Internet.
It will definitely improve your PUBG mobile FPS. It also offers optimal settings depending on your device model. So you don’t need to customize all settings in it.
Just search for your device model and tap on “Import.” In case if you want to customize some settings of your own, you can do it.
Change your PGT+ settings to the below settings:
Choose your Game variant according to the version of the PUBG mobile installed on your device.
Under Basic Graphics section, Change your PGT+ Settings as:
1) Resolution: Default (Auto)
2) Graphics: Smooth
3) FPS: Extreme (60 FPS)
4) Style: Colorful
5) Shadow: Disabled
6) MSAA: Disabled
Under Miscellaneous Graphics section, Change your Settings as:
1) Colour Format: 32 Bit (For Performance)
2) Graphics Rendering Level: Medium
3) Object LOD Distance: Low
4) Material LOD Distance: Low
5) Detail Mode: Disabled
6) Light Effects: Disabled
Under Advanced Graphics section, Change the Settings as below one’s:
1) Memory Boost: On
2) Zero Lag Mode: On
3) Zero Lag Profile: Performance (Max FPS)
4) Optimized Graphics Type: Smooth
5) Hardware-Accelerated Rendering: OpenGL 2.0
6) GPU Optimization: Apply All
7) Potato Graphics: On
8) Save Sensitivity Settings: On
There is also an Experimental Graphics section in which you can customize your Sound Quality, Large Display Resolution, High-Dynamic Range Support, etc. But do not change them because they are only useful in High-end devices.
Here are the Final Settings Screenshot which you will have to configure on your own PGT+ application.
2) Use QBoost++ to Boost Your Device Performance
QBoost++ is an application that helps to boost our device performance by assigning Max Power for the device GPU, CPU cores, etc.
It helps to boost the performance during gaming and indirectly contributes to fix pubg mobile lag.
To boost FPS in PUBG mobile using QBoost++, follow the below steps:
1) Download and Install QBoost++ from Here
2) Run QBoost++. Your CPU and GPU cores are set to the “Default” at the start.
3) Just tap on the Max Power button for all the CPU cores and GPU.
4) Once you assigned all to Max Power, tap on the “Start and Set” button.
5) QBoost++ will now run in the background and started doing its work to provide more power to device resources.
6) Run your PUBG mobile game and enjoy it.
Do not forget to Stop the QBoost++ by tapping on the “Stop” button located below the “Start and Set” button.
Your device battery might drain a little fast because QBoost++ provides more battery power to CPU and GPU.
3. Change Device Resolution Using Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool
Changing your Device Resolution from Higher to Lower can significantly improve the performance in PUBG mobile.
For this method, you will require a PC with specific software like Winrar, and Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool. Install both the software on your PC.
Make sure that you had enabled USB debugging from the Developer option. First, connect your mobile to PC using a USB cable
If in case, you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging from Developer option then follow the below steps:
- Go to your Device Settings
- Tap on the “About Phone”
- Continuously Tap 5-6 times on “Build Number”
- Now your Developer option will be available to you
- Just go to your Settings and Search for “Developer Option.”
- Tap on the “Developer Option” to enable it
- In the Developer option, search for USB Debugging and Tap on it to allow it.
Now, Open your Minimal ADB command prompt and follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the command prompt, type “ADB devices” and hit enter. It will show you the device connected to PC
- Now type “ADB shell wm size” and run it. It will show you the display resolution of your mobile. Note your mobile resolution size.
- Type “ADB shell wm density” and run it. It will show you the pixel density of your mobile.
- Now go to Resolution scale calculator and input your mobile resolution size mentioned in step 2
- Once you input the resolution, it will show you all the resolution your device can handle. Just change it to a little lower one.
- You will have to find your optimal resolution for your mobile.
- Once you find it, go to your Adb command prompt and type “ADB shell wm size your_optimal_resolution_size” and execute the command.
- You can see the resolution change in your mobile device.
- If you have a big screen resolution, then you can change your device pixel density to fit the bigger resolution.
- Type “ADB shell wm density your_optimal_density_size” and run it. See your mobile screen for changes.
It will help to boost fps in a lot of games like PUBG, CoD, etc. Lower the resolution, better will be the performance. But your game quality will become a little blurry.
Maintain the level between resolution and quality for better results.
In case if you don’t understand something, you can check the below video to know how to change Device Resolution using Minimal ADB.
4. Force 4x MSAA & Change Animation Scale
Do you know you can fix lag in pubg mobile by just one setting in the Android developer mode?
The android developer had itself provided us with an option to run our game smoothly Now, I will tell you that option.
That option is called “Force 4x MSAA” which is available in the developer option.
Android developers had hidden this developer option as if you make a mistake in that option, your device will face many problems. However, the option Force 4x MSAA is safe to use.
In most of the devices, it helps to boost up the FPS but in some devices, it does not cause an impact on the FPS. Therefore, I recommend you to use the FPS counter to note your FPS before and after enabling the 4x MSAA option.
To enable “Force 4x MSAA”, follow these steps:-
- Go to your device settings.
- Click on “About Phone”.
- Continuously click on “Built Version” 10 times.
- Your developer option will now be shown in your device settings.
- In case if you do not find it, search the option in your settings
- Enable “Developer Option”.
- Swipe down to the “Force 4x MSAA” section and enable it.
- Change Windows Animation to 0.5x
- Change Transition Animation Scale to 0.5x
- Set Animation Duration Scale to 0.5x
- Disable HW Overlays
- Restart your phone.
- Enjoy your game.
5. Enable Overclock Mode
Most of the gaming phones come with the facility to Overclock the processor and the GPU which plays an integral role in optimizing your high-end games.
Overclocking simply means to boost up the Clock frequency of your Processor and GPU to run faster than previous clock speed.
To enable Overclock Mode, simply go to your Settings and search “Overclock”. Once you found it, enable the Overclock Mode by tapping on it.
Most of the mid-range and the low-end phone lacks the “Overclock Mode” facility. Therefore, if you do not find it, then your phone might not support Overclocking.
If you try to Overclock your mobile phone externally with the help of certain software, then there is a huge chance that your phone might get corrupt or stop functioning at all.
6. Disable Auto-Adjust Graphics
Disabling Auto-adjust graphics in your PUBG mobile settings will not allow PUBG to change the Graphics settings set by the GFX tool.
You must disable the Auto-adjust Graphics option for better practice. It automatically lowers your Graphics settings if your FPS fluctuates too much in the game.
You might think that the option is better to provide you with stable FPS but the stable FPS will be around 15-20 FPS which is not great.
7. Uninstall Unnecessary Applications
Remove unnecessary applications which would free up your RAM usage and would free up space on your internal memory. As per PUBG Mobile requirements, your device must have at least 2 GB ram.
So, you must uninstall unnecessary apps from your device which would free up most of the RAM space.
To remove unnecessary applications, follow these steps:-
- Go to your “Device Settings”
- Click on “Apps Management”
- Uninstall all unwanted applications which you do not need.
- Restart your device
8. Install Game Booster For PUBG Lag Optimization
Game Booster dramatically improves your game experience by closing all the applications running in the background.
It is considered as the best pubg mobile lag fix app in terms of game boosting apps list. It also clears RAM usage before running the game and most often boosts the game.
Every mobile company like Mi, Realme, etc have its inbuilt game booster. You can also install other game boosters from the Google Play store.
To install Game Booster, follow these steps:-
- Open the Google Play store.
- Search for Game Booster
- Download and Install the one which is rated well
- Open the “Game Booster”
- Game Booster will automatically search for all the games installed on your device.
- Run the game from the Game Booster
Game Booster to some extent boosts the game experience but some times it does not boost games.
9. Charge Your Device Before Playing PUBG
Never play PUBG or any other game when your phone battery goes below 20% because there will be no sufficient power for CPU cores and GPU, which ultimately leads your PUBG mobile game to lag a lot.
Always try to charge your phone up to 60-70% before playing PUBG or any other high-end games.
10. Disable Battery Saver & Battery Optimization for PUBG
Battery optimization helps to increase the battery life of your phone by reducing with the cost of performance.
Yes, battery saver reduces your gaming performance a little bit and other activities like background sync, etc.
You can simply disable your Battery Saver by going in your phone Settings or by quick menu feature available on all smartphones.
Turning off your Battery Saver will give a little boost to your gaming performance while playing PUBG mobile.
11. Clear Internal Memory Space
Remove unwanted files like audio, video, etc from your internal storage which will boost the game. PUBG mobile is a high-end game that deals a lot with reading and writing operation of the file in the backend.
If there is less space on your device, the operation will work slow ultimately reducing your game fps.
To clear internal memory space, follow these steps:
- Open your “File Manager”
- Scan for Big Files in your Internal Storage.
- Remove unwanted Big Files that you don’t need.
- Reboot your device and run the game
12. Clear Cache
Whenever you run any applications on your device, it occupies some space in your device. Clear all caches of all the applications installed on your device.
To clear cache, follow these steps mentioned below:
- Go to your Device Settings
- Open your “App Management”
- Select an App at a time.
- Clear their Cache
- Reboot your Device
You can also clear your system cache by going to your device recovery mode during booting time. For most of the device, you can go to Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down and Power Button during boot. Hold it for 5 seconds.
Once you enter in the Recovery mode, Go to “Wipe Cache Partition” by pressing your Volume down button. Press your Power button to start clearing the Cache partition.
13. Disable Apps Running in Background
Whenever you open an app and directly move to your home screen without closing the apps, the apps will run in the background and thus, increases the RAM usage and battery.
Also, various system apps run in the background of your device. Open PUBG Mobile after disabling apps running in the background.
To disable apps running in the background, follow these steps:
- Go to your “Account Settings”
- Open your “App Management”
- Select Apps installed on your device
- Click on “Battery or Power Usage”
- Click on “Disable Background Running”
- Reboot the device and run the game
14. Repair the Game
Sometimes there might be some error in your download files of the PUBG mobile app. You can repair the game easily.
Just during the loading time, there are three options: Settings, Repair, and Language. Click on “Repair” and the game will reinstall in your device. Make sure you have sufficient data balance in your device.
15. Turn Off Useless Services
While playing PUBG, most of the useless settings like Bluetooth, Auto-rotate, Location, etc are of no use. You can turn off those settings which will help to increase your Battery life and Performance.
16. Minor Tricks
You can improve and boost your game so that it would not lag just bu following some simple tricks.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Make sure you mute your speaker and mic when not use in the gameplay.
So, I hope these steps and tips can reduce your PUBG Mobile Lag.
Also Read:- Download PUBG Mobile Latest Version
Fix Ping Problem in Pubg Mobile:-
Noticed some time when you pick up some items in the game, it does not get in your bag even if the animation was running during the game.
Did you noticed sometimes that you run the same location again and again?.
Then these all are the symptoms that your device is having a ping problem at that time. Think a situation when there are 2 people alive including you and at the same time, your ping goes high.
You spot him but not able to shoot him due to ping problem and the enemy kills you.
You will be angry at that time. So here are some methods that you can follow which can help you to reduce ping problem in PUBG Mobile:
17. Install VPN To Solve Ping Problem in Pubg Mobile
VPN stands for the virtual private network which in short provides you to connect to the server of the different countries like Germany, the USA, etc.
Therefore, through VPN you can easily reduce your ping in PUBG mobile.
Although most of the VPN apps are paid, you can download the free version of the VPN apps through the Google Play store.
In the Free version, you will only get a few servers to connect to the few countries. Click the download button below to download a Free VPN app through the Google Play store.
Follow these steps mentioned below to reduce your ping through a VPN:-
- Download the VPN app from the above button.
- Install the VPN app
- Accept the ‘Terms & Conditions’
- The VPN app will check for DNS settings and Network Strength
- Click ‘Connect’ and VPN app will automatically connect you to the fastest server.
- You can also choose a selected server by clicking on the ‘Bulb’ symbol.
You will see that your ping problem will be solved and you will get a decent ping around 80-100 ms. If the ping is still high, choose the fastest server only and connect it.
18. Switch to Airplane Mode
This method does not require any third-party application. Hence, it is mostly preferred by most of us. Sometimes, resetting your network helps to reduce the pings in the game.
Airplane mode helps to stop all the network work by disabling network access in your device.
To reduce the ping issue, follow these steps:-
- During your gameplay, swipe down the navigation menu from the top.
- Click on Airplane Mode.
- Wait for 10 seconds and again click on Airplane mode.
- Your ping issue will be solved.
But sometimes it does not work. So, try other steps to reduce PUBG Mobile ping issues.
19. Install Pinger v.2 To Reduce Ping in Pubg Mobile
Pinger helps to reduce ping by providing a direct route to access the server. Hence, it reduces additional requests and reduces ping in the game.
New Pinger v.2 is more stable than older version Pinger v.1. You can download Pinger v.2 on iOS and Android by clicking below the download button.
To reduce ping issues by Pinger v.2, follow these steps:
- Download Pingerv.2 from the above link
- Install in your device.
- Clear all the recent running apps
- Open Pinger v.2
- Select your Ping Mode (Recommended “Extreme”)
- Turn on and wait until Pinger gets activate
- Go to your home screen by tapping your home button
- Open any game and enjoy it.
20. Set Mic to Push to Talk Mode
Mic plays a lot of important role in Team coordination in PUBG. For every moment, you will need to communicate with your teammates. Therefore, most of us prefer to Turn on the Mic, but it increases the ping while communicating with voice.
Voice information requires more internet data to transfer the information from your phone to your other teammate’s phone using the server. Hence, it requires fast and reliable internet connectivity.
If you have slow connectivity, then enabling your mic will cause a lot higher ping in the game. Therefore always set your mic to the “Push to Talk” option.
By setting to Push to Talk option, you can send your voice to your teammates while holding the Mic button in the game and for the rest of the time, your mic will be off.
Therefore, many of the times your Ping issues will get solve and you can communicate with your teammates whenever you want.
You can only communicate with your teammates while holding the Mic button. Once you released the button, your Mic will automatically set to Off mode.
21. Use WiFi rather than Phones Internet Data
When you use mobile data to play online games like PUBG, sometimes calls and messages can interrupt your gameplay. Due to the signal interference, your ping will actually go high.
Therefore, it is a better practice to play PUBG mobile over Wifi and enable your Airplane mode to disable all the phone signal interference. It will also increase the battery life of your phone while playing high-end games.
22. Choose the Right Server According to Your Location
Some players choose a different server to play the game rather than the closest server. That is one of the reasons, your Ping is higher while playing the game.
Choose the server which has less ping ms to play on it. Lower the amount of Ping, higher movements, and smoothness will occur in your gameplay.
If you are playing from Asian countries, switch to the Asia server. If from European countries, switch to Europe server i.e. according to your location, choose your nearest server to reduce the ping in PUBG mobile.
23. Use a Good Internet Service Provider (ISP)
A good ISP will provide you better internet connection speed which in turn will help to reduce ping issues in your gameplay compared to other mobile connection players.
You can test your ISP connection speed from online tools like Speedtest from Ookla, etc. If you do not get better connection speed, then I surely recommend you to change your ISP or change your existing connection plan.
I hope that my steps would help To fix Ping and lag in PUBG mobile.
If you feel any informative thing which I forget to add, comment below those things and I will add it soon in the post. Do share, follow us for more informative blog posts like this.
1) Will I get banned for using GFX tool?
The clear answer is “Yes”. Since, GFX tool is third-party tool which makes changes in PUBG’s internal files. Therefore, you can get ban from playing PUBG if you use GFX. But the ban case is very low. Only use Secure GFX tool which are available on Play Store. Don’t install GFX tool from Third-party website.
2) How do I fix PUBG Mobile Lag?
There are different effective ways to fix PUBG mobile lag like Using GFX tool, Enabling Overclock mode, Disable Auto-Adjust Graphics, Install Game Booster, Uninstall Unnecessary Applications, Disable Battery Saver, etc.
To reduce ping in PUBG mobile, you can try installing Pinger on your device, Toggling to Airplane mode, Choose Right Server, and if none of the methods worked then try changing your ISP if possible.
3) Why do I lag in PUBG mobile?
Lag might occur if your device does not meet the minimum requirements to play PUBG mobile smoothly. Especially if you have low-end mobiles, then definitely you will experience lots of lag during gameplay.
You might experience a Ping issue if you do not have better internet connectivity. Always try to play PUBG mobile using WiFi on your mobile device. To check your Internet connectivity, you can run the speed test by Ookla.
4) How long are PUBG bans?
If you are detected by the anti-cheat system in PUBG mobile, then you will straight away get ban for 10 years. Your PUBG id will get locked for 10 years. To know why you are banned from playing the game, you can go to the Customer Service and know the details why the Anti-Cheat System banned you.