Dealing with PUBG mobile Lag and Ping problem, read the complete article to know about how to fix lag in PUBG mobile and reduce the ping with these 22 best ways.
There are two sections in the post. The first section deals with how to fix PUBG mobile lag and the second section deals with how to reduce ping in PUBG mobile.
Although it is a pretty awesome game, some issues reduce the gaming experience like lag, ping, connection problems, etc. With more updates in the game, PUBG developers are not optimizing the game for low-end devices.
Mostly the lag occurs in the game due to rendering during the gameplay. Like if you land on an intense area like Bootcamp or Pochinki, there will be more render lag as most of the enemies land for loots and kill. You can easily fix it.
How to Fix Lag in PUBG Mobile With Ping Solutions – 22 Best Methods
You can easily fix lag as well as reduce ping in PUBG mobile by just implementing the below methods in your device. Below methods from 1 to 15 will help you to fix lag and boost FPS in PUBG mobile whereas methods from 16 to 22 will help you to reduce ping in PUBG mobile.
- Use the GFX Tool for PUBG Lag Fix
- Change Device Resolution Using Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Force 4x MSAA & Change Animation Scale
- Enable Overclock Mode
- Disable Auto-Adjust Graphics
- Uninstall Unnecessary Applications
- Install Game Booster For PUBG Lag Optimization
- Charge Your Device Before Playing PUBG
- Disable Battery Saver & Battery Optimization for PUBG
- Clear Internal Memory Space
- Clear Cache
- Disable Apps running in the background
- Repair and Reinstall PUBG Mobile.
- Turn Off Useless Services
- Minor Tips To Improve The Game Experience.
- Install VPN To Solve Ping Problem
- Switch to Airplane Mode
- Install Pinger v.2 To Reduce Ping in Pubg Mobile
- Set Mic to Push to Talk Mode
- Use Wi-Fi rather than Phones Internet Data
- Choose the Right Server According to Your Location
- Use a Good Internet Service Provider (ISP)
You can easily boost up your game and can mostly fix lag in the game. Let’s discuss each method in detail and how you can implement it to run PUBG mobile smoothly on your device.
1. Use GFX Tool for PUBG Lag Fix
One of the best tools available on the google play store which can help you to unlock 60 Fps. It also reduces lag as it provides graphics options like So Smooth which remove unnecessary graphics from the game and thus, reduces the rendering lag.
To fix lag in PUBG mobile using the GFX tool, follow the below steps:-
- Open Google Play Store and search for GFX Tool
- Download and install any one of the GFX tool from the top section
- Open it and then select the Game Version. Just click on the version of the PUBG mobile game that you have already installed on your device
- Adjust the graphics mode to So Smooth and Graphics resolution to 1280×720
- Choose the Colorful style and most importantly, choose the 60 FPS option in the GFX FPS section to get the highest FPS in the game
- Disable Shadows, Light Effects and then Adjust Rendering Quality to Low
- Enable Save Control settings which will be useful if you want to save your customize controls in the game
- Enable GPU optimization that will reduce unnecessary effects and will help to fix lag in the game
- Save the Settings and now run the game. You will notice that now your PUBG mobile game will run more smoothly as compared to the previous time.
If you have little money in your pocket then I would recommend buying the PGT+ Toolkit. It costs only Rs 65 to buy the PGT+ application, and it is worth buying it. Although you can get the mod apk of the PGT+ on the Internet those are not safe to install.
PGT stands for Pro Graphics Toolkit. It is a paid application that offers lots of features like Memory Boost, Zero Lag Mode, Potato Graphics, GPU Optimization, etc. as compared to other GFX tools on the Internet.
It will definitely improve your PUBG mobile FPS. It also offers optimal settings depending on your device model. So you don’t need to customize all settings in it.
Just search for your device model and tap on Import. In case if you want to customize some settings of your own, you can do it.
Change your PGT+ settings to the below settings:
Choose your Game variant according to the version of the PUBG mobile installed on your device.
Under the Basic Graphics section, Change your PGT+ Settings as:
1) Resolution: Default (Auto)
2) Graphics: Smooth
3) FPS: Extreme (60 FPS)
4) Style: Colorful
5) Shadow: Disabled
6) MSAA: Disabled
Under the Miscellaneous Graphics section, Change your Settings as:
1) Colour Format: 32 Bit (For Performance)
2) Graphics Rendering Level: Medium
3) Object LOD Distance: Low
4) Material LOD Distance: Low
5) Detail Mode: Disabled
6) Light Effects: Disabled
Under the Advanced Graphics section, Change the Settings as below one’s:
1) Memory Boost: On
2) Zero Lag Mode: On
3) Zero Lag Profile: Performance (Max FPS)
4) Optimized Graphics Type: Smooth
5) Hardware-Accelerated Rendering: OpenGL 2.0
6) GPU Optimization: Apply All
7) Potato Graphics: On
8) Save Sensitivity Settings: On
There is also an Experimental Graphics section in which you can customize your Sound Quality, Large Display Resolution, High-Dynamic Range Support, etc. But do not change them because they are only useful in High-end devices.
Here is the Final Settings Screenshot which you will have to configure on your own PGT+ application.
2. Change Device Resolution Using Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool
Changing your Device Resolution from Higher to Lower can significantly improve the performance in PUBG mobile. For this method, you will require a PC with specific software like Winrar, and Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool. First, install both the software on your PC.
Make sure that you had enabled USB debugging from the Developer option. Now, connect your mobile to a PC using a USB cable.
If in case, you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging from the Developer option then follow the below steps:
- Go to your Device Settings and then tap on the About Phone section
- Continuously Tap 5-6 times on Build Number. Now your Developer option will get enabled and you will be able to access it
- Just go to your Settings and Search for Developer Option
- Toggle on the Developer Option to enable it. In the Developer option, search for USB Debugging and Tap on it to allow USB Debugging in your phone
Now, Open your Minimal ADB command prompt and follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the command prompt, type ADB devices and hit enter. It will show you the device connected to the PC
- Now type ADB shell wm size and run it. It will show you the display resolution of your mobile. Note your mobile resolution size
- Type ADB shell wm density and run it. It will show you the pixel density of your mobile
- Now go to the Resolution scale calculator and input your mobile resolution size mentioned in step 2
- Once you input the resolution, it will show you all the resolutions your device can handle. Just change it to a little lower one
- You will have to find your optimal resolution for your mobile
- Once you find it, go to your Adb command prompt and type ADB shell wm size your_optimal_resolution_size and execute the command
- You can see the resolution change on your mobile device
- If you have a big screen resolution, then you can change your device pixel density to fit the bigger resolution
- Type ADB shell wm density your_optimal_density_size and run it. See your mobile screen for changes
It will help to boost fps in a lot of games like PUBG, CoD, etc. The lower the resolution, the better will be the performance. But your game quality will become a little blurry. Maintain the level between resolution and quality for better results.
In case if you did not understand or stuck up at any point while applying this method then you can watch the below video which explains how to change device resolution using Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool.
This is the best method for PUBG mobile lag fix for 4GB RAM devices and even works well on 2,3 and 6 GB RAM devices.
3. Force 4x MSAA & Change Animation Scale
Do you know you can fix easily fix PUBG mobile by just one setting in the Android developer mode? The android developer had provided us with an option to run our game smoothly Now, I will tell you that option.
That option is called Force 4x MSAA which is available in the developer option. Android developers had hidden this developer option as if you make a mistake in that option, your device will face many problems. However, the option Force 4x MSAA is safe to use.
In most of the devices, it helps to boost up the FPS but in some devices, it does not cause an impact on the FPS. Therefore, I would recommend you to use the FPS counter to note your FPS before and after enabling the 4x MSAA option.
To enable Force 4x MSAA in your device, follow the below steps:-
- Go to your device settings and click on About Phone
- Continuously click on Built Version 10 times to enable the developer option in your device
- Your developer option will now be shown in your device settings. In case if you do not find it, search the option in your settings
- Toggle it to enable the Developer Option. Now, swipe down to the Force 4x MSAA section and enable it
- Change Windows Animation, Transition Animation Scale, and Animation Duration Scale to 0.5x
- Disable HW Overlays and then restart your phone. Now, run PUBG mobile and enjoy your lag-free game.
4. Enable Overclock Mode
Most of the gaming phones come with the facility to Overclock the processor and the GPU which plays an integral role in optimizing your high-end games.
Overclocking simply means boosting up the Clock frequency of your Processor and GPU to run faster than the previous clock speed. To enable Overclock Mode, simply go to your Settings and search Overclock. Once you found it, enable the Overclock Mode by tapping on it.
Most of the mid-range and the low-end phone lacks the Overclock Mode facility. Therefore, if you do not find it, then your phone might not support Overclocking.
If you try to Overclock your mobile phone externally with the help of certain software, then there is a huge chance that your phone might get corrupt or stop functioning at all.
5. Disable Auto-Adjust Graphics
Disabling Auto-adjust graphics in your PUBG mobile settings will not allow PUBG to change the Graphics settings set by the GFX tool. You must disable the Auto-adjust Graphics option for better practice. It automatically lowers your Graphics settings if your FPS fluctuates too much in the game.
You might think that the option is better to provide you with stable FPS but the stable FPS will be around 15-20 FPS which is not great.
6. Uninstall Unnecessary Applications
Remove unnecessary applications which would free up your RAM usage and would free up space on your internal memory. As per PUBG Mobile requirements, your device must have at least 2 GB ram. So, you must uninstall unnecessary apps from your device which would free up most of the RAM space.
To remove unnecessary applications from your device, just go to your Device Settings and then click on Apps Management. Now, uninstall all unwanted applications which you do not need. Once you are done with it, restart your device.
(Related – Best Emulators To Play PUBG Mobile On PC)
7. Install Game Booster For PUBG Lag Optimization
Game Booster dramatically improves your game experience by closing all the applications running in the background. It is considered the best in terms of game boosting apps list. It also clears RAM usage before running the game and most often boosts the game.
Every mobile company like Mi, Realme, etc has its inbuilt game booster. You can also install other game boosters from the Google Play store.
To install Game Booster, follow these steps:-
- Open the Google Play store and search for Game Booster
- Download and Install the one which is rated well
- Open the Game Booster. Game Booster will automatically search for all the games installed on your device
- Run the game from the Game Booster
Game Booster to some extent boosts the game experience but sometimes it does not boost games.
8. Charge Your Device Before Playing PUBG
Never play PUBG or any other game when your phone battery goes below 20% because there will be no sufficient power for CPU cores and GPU, which ultimately leads your PUBG mobile game to lag a lot. Always try to charge your phone up to 60-70% before playing PUBG or any other high-end game.
9. Disable Battery Saver & Battery Optimization for PUBG
Battery optimization helps to increase the battery life of your phone by reducing the cost of performance. Yes, battery saver reduces your gaming performance a little bit and other activities like background sync, etc.
You can simply disable your Battery Saver by going in your phone Settings or by the quick menu feature available on all smartphones. Turning off your Battery Saver will give a little boost to your gaming performance while playing PUBG mobile.
10. Clear Internal Memory Space
Remove unwanted files like audio, video, etc from your internal storage which will boost the game. PUBG mobile is a high-end game that deals a lot with the reading and writing operation of the file in the backend. If there is less space on your device, the operation will work slow ultimately reducing your game fps.
To clear internal memory space, just open your device File Manager. Now, scan for Big Files in your Internal Storage. Remove unwanted Big Files that you don’t need. Reboot your device and then run the game.
11. Clear Cache
Whenever you run any applications on your device, it occupies some space in your device. Clear all caches of all the applications installed on your device.
To clear cache from your device, just go to your Device Settings and open your App Management section where all applications are listed. Now, select an App at a time and clear its Cache. Done with it? Now, reboot your device.
You can also clear your system cache by going to your device recovery mode during booting time. For most of the devices, you can go to Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down and Power Button during boot. Hold it for 5 seconds.
Once you are in Recovery Mode, go to Wipe Cache Partition by pressing your Volume down button. Press your Power button to start clearing the Cache partition.
12. Disable Apps Running in Background
Whenever you open an app and directly move to your home screen without closing the apps, the apps will run in the background and thus, increases the RAM usage and battery. Also, various system apps run in the background of your device. Open PUBG Mobile after disabling apps running in the background.
To disable apps running in the background, go to your Device settings. Now, open your App Management section and select each app one at a time and then tap on the Battery or Power Usage section. Now, just click on Disable Background Running option. Follow the same procedure for each app in the App Management section.
13. Repair the Game
Sometimes there might be some error in your download files of the PUBG mobile app. You can repair the game easily. Just during the loading time, there are three options: Settings, Repair, and Language. Click on Repair and the game will reinstall in your device. Make sure you have a sufficient data balance on your device.
14. Turn Off Useless Services
While playing PUBG, most of the useless settings like Bluetooth, Auto-rotate, Location, etc are of no use. You can turn off those settings which will help to increase your Battery life and Performance. It is just a minor tweak that will help you to get a little boost while playing any games on your device.
15. Minor Tricks
You can improve and boost your game so that it would not lag just by following some simple tricks like making sure you have a stable internet connection and try to always mute your speaker and mic when not in use.
That’s it with the Lag Fix and I hope you will be able to get a boost in FPS while playing PUBG mobile on your device. Now, let’s see how you can reduce your ping in PUBG mobile.
(Related – Best PUBG Mobile Hacks Scripts and Cheat Codes)
How to Fix Ping Problem in Pubg Mobile – Some Best Methods
Noticed some time when you pick up some items in the game, it does not get in your bag even if the animation was running during the game. If it is happening with you then you might have a high ping during that time.
Think of a situation when there are 2 people alive including you and at the same time, your ping goes high. You spot him and are fired first but are not able to shoot him due to high ping and the enemy kills you. You will be mad at that time. So here are some methods that you can follow which can help you to reduce ping in PUBG Mobile.
16. Install VPN To Solve Ping Problem in PUBG Mobile
VPN stands for the virtual private network which in short provides you to connect to the server of different countries like Germany, the USA, etc. Therefore, through VPN you can easily reduce your ping in PUBG mobile.
Although most of the VPN apps are free and you can easily download the free version of the VPN apps directly through the Google Play store.
In the Free version, you will only get a few servers to connect to a few countries. Click the download button below to download a Free VPN app through the Google Play store.
Follow these steps mentioned below to reduce your ping through a VPN:-
- Download the VPN app from the above button and install it on your device. Now run it and accept the Terms & Conditions
- The VPN app will check for DNS settings and Network Strength. Once the checking process gets completed, tap on Connect button, and the VPN app will automatically connect you to the fastest server
- You can also choose a selected server by clicking on the Bulb symbol
You will see that your ping problem will be solved and you will get a decent ping around 80-100 ms. If the ping is still high, choose the fastest server only and connect it.
17. Switch to Airplane Mode
This method does not require any third-party application. Hence, it is mostly preferred by most of us. Sometimes, resetting your network helps to reduce the pings in the game. Airplane mode helps to stop all the network work by disabling network access in your device.
To enable airplane mode in your device, first swipe down the navigation menu from the top and then tap on Airplane Mode to enable it. Wait for 10 seconds and again click on Airplane mode to disable it. Your ping issue will get solved.
18. Install Pinger To Reduce Ping in PUBG Mobile
Pinger helps to reduce ping by providing a direct route to access the server. Hence, it reduces additional requests and reduces ping in the game.
New Pinger v.2 is more stable than the older version Pinger v.1. You can download Pinger v.2 on iOS and Android by clicking below the download button.
To reduce ping issues by Pinger v.2, follow these steps:
- Download Pingerv.2 from the above link and install it on your device
- Clear all the recent running apps and then open Pinger v.2 app
- Select your Ping Mode (Recommended: Extreme)
- Turn on and wait until Pinger gets activate
- Go to your home screen by tapping your home button
- Open any game and enjoy it
19. Set Mic to Push to Talk Mode
Mic plays a lot of important roles in Team coordination in PUBG. For every moment, you will need to communicate with your teammates. Therefore, most of us prefer to Turn on the Mic, but it increases the ping while communicating with voice.
Voice information requires more internet data to transfer the information from your phone to your other teammate’s phone using the server. Hence, it requires fast and reliable internet connectivity.
If you have slow connectivity, then enabling your mic will cause a lot higher ping in the game. Therefore always set your mic to the Push to Talk option.
By setting to Push to Talk option, you can send your voice to your teammates while holding the Mic button in the game and for the rest of the time, your mic will be off. Therefore, many of the times your Ping issues will get solve and you can communicate with your teammates whenever you want.
You can only communicate with your teammates while holding the Mic button. Once you released the button, your Mic will automatically set to Off mode.
20. Use WiFi Rather Than Phones Internet Data
When you use mobile data to play online games like PUBG, sometimes calls and messages can interrupt your gameplay. Due to the signal interference, your ping will actually go high.
Therefore, it is a better practice to play PUBG mobile over Wifi and enable your Airplane mode to disable all the phone signal interference. It will also increase the battery life of your phone while playing high-end games.
21. Choose The Right Server According to Your Location
Some players choose a different server to play the game rather than the closest server. That is one of the reasons, your Ping is higher while playing the game. Choose the server which has fewer ping ms to play on it. Lower the amount of Ping, higher movements, and smoothness will occur in your gameplay.
If you are playing from Asian countries, switch to the Asia server. If from European countries, switch to Europe server i.e. according to your location, choose your nearest server to reduce the ping in PUBG mobile.
22. Use a Good Internet Service Provider (ISP)
A good ISP will provide you better internet connection speed which in turn will help to reduce ping issues in your gameplay compared to other mobile connection players.
You can test your ISP connection speed from online tools like Speedtest from Ookla, etc. If you do not get a better connection speed, then I surely recommend you to change your ISP or change your existing connection plan.
PUBG Mobile Lag Fix and Ping Boost – Related FAQ:
Here are some questions that are asked by many PUBG players regarding how to fix lag and reduce ping in PUBG mobile.
Will I Get Banned for Using GFX Tool in PUBG Mobile?
The clear answer is Yes. Since the GFX tool is a third-party tool that makes changes in PUBG’s internal files. Therefore, you can get ban from playing PUBG if you use GFX. But the ban case is very low. Only use the Secure GFX tools which are available on the Play Store. Don’t install the GFX tool from a third-party website.
How Do I Fix PUBG Mobile Lag?
There are different effective ways to fix PUBG mobile lag like Using the GFX tool, Enabling Overclock mode, Disable Auto-Adjust Graphics, Install Game Booster, Uninstall Unnecessary Applications, Disable Battery Saver, etc.
To reduce ping in PUBG mobile, you can try installing Pinger on your device, Toggling to Airplane mode, Choose Right Server, and if none of the methods worked then try changing your ISP if possible.
Why Do I Lag in PUBG Mobile?
Lag might occur if your device does not meet the minimum requirements to play PUBG mobile smoothly. Especially if you have low-end mobiles, then definitely you will experience lots of lag during gameplay.
You might experience a Ping issue if you do not have better internet connectivity. Always try to play PUBG mobile using WiFi on your mobile device. To check your Internet connectivity, you can run the speed test by Ookla.
How Long Are PUBG Bans?
If you are detected by the anti-cheat system in PUBG mobile, then you will straight away get a ban for 10 years. Your PUBG id will get locked for 10 years. To know why you are banned from playing the game, you can go to Customer Service and know the details of why the Anti-Cheat System banned you.
I hope that these methods would help you to fix lag and ping in PUBG mobile. If you feel any informative thing which I forget to add, comment below those things and I will add it soon in the post.
Share the post with your other PUBG mobile friends to help them to reduce lag and ping problems in PUBG mobile.