Is your Cyberpunk 2077 game lagging or are you noticing a sudden drop in FPS while playing the Cyberpunk 2077 game? Well no worry, in this article we have mentioned some best cyberpunk 2077 lag fix methods that can boost FPS in the game.
Lags, FPS drops, and stuttering has become common in games like Cyberpunk 2077 these days. These game lags and other problems generally come once the game is released or updated, because developers can’t test the game on all sorts of PCs or computers.
Here are some of the possible reasons that might cause your Cyberpunk 2077 to lag and face FPS drops.
- Your system might be incompatible with the game (for this you can see the recommended requirements section of this post).
- Your drivers may be outdated. You may not have proper storage for the game.
- The game file you got might have a virus or it is corrupted. Maybe you have many apps that run in the background.
As there are many possible reasons for this, it’s always difficult to find a proper solution for the same. But don’t panic! We got your back here. Here in this article, we have listed all the possible ways to solve the lag and FPS issues in Cyberpunk 2077.
But, if you implement all these fixes without a compatible PC, then it’s just a waste of time and effort. So, it’s better to check whether your PC is compatible or not. Thus, here are the best requirements for your PC for Cyberpunk 2077 to work better.
Minimum Requirements for Cyberpunk 2077
Here are the minimum requirements which your PC must have to run Cyberpunk 2077. Do note that your Cyberpunk 2077 game will lag with these minimum configuration specs of your PC.
- Processor: You can try the Intel Core i5-3570K, and in some cases, AMD FX-8310 will work.
- RAM: A basic 8 GB RAM would work fine.
- Graphics: Both AMD Radeon RX 470 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 are required as a minimum.
- Storage: The game needs 70 GB of storage to work properly.
- Internet Speed: A direct line connection of 100 MBS per second.
- OS: From Windows 7 to 10 anything is fine.
- GFX Settings: Keep them Low.
Recommended Requirements for Cyberpunk 2077
If you want to run Cyberpunk 2077 smoothly on your PC then make sure that your PC contains the specifications listed below.
- Processor: The AMD Ryzen 3 3200G or Intel Core i7-4790 are recommended.
- RAM: 12 or 16 GB RAM is recommended.
- Graphics: For this NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is the best choice.
- Storage: 70 GB of space is to be available on your disk.
- Internet Speed: A direct line connection of 100 MBS per second.
- OS: Windows 10 or 11.
- GFX Settings: Fix it to RT Medium.
If you are planning to buy a Gaming PC to run high-end games like Cyberpunk 2077, etc then buy the higher specification components listed above for your PC.
(Related – Team Fortress 2 Launch Options for Steam)
How to Fix Lag in Cyberpunk 2077 – Increase FPS Quickly
Here are the best cyberpunk 2077 lag fix methods that you can try to reduce lag and boost FPS in the game. Make sure that you implement each method and then try playing the Cyberpunk 2077 game.
- Best Settings for Cyberpunk 2077
- Update to Latest Graphics Drivers and Optimize them
- Disable Game Mode in Windows OS
- Disable Xbox Game Bar and Capture Background Recording
- Disabling All Overlays to See Resources Details
- Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling – Restart Required (Only available in Windows 10)
- Set More Priority for Cyberpunk 2077
- Make sure your Windows is Updated
- Set Custom Manage 3D Settings in Graphics Control Panel
- Set High Performance in Graphics Settings
- Delete Temporary Files
- Set Visual Effects to Best Performance Mode
- Use Nvidia GeForce Now to Increase FPS in Cyberpunk 2077
Now let’s see how you can implement each method to boost fps in the cyberpunk 2077 game.
1) Best Settings for Cyberpunk 2077 Lag Fix and Boost FPS
We have listed all the possible settings that we think are the best for Cyberpunk 2077 to work better and can also help you boot the FPS while playing. Make sure that you are implementing each setting perfectly and without any error.
If you are making changes in the settings you must remember that this will change everything which you have in the game. These changes are only for in-game and not for actual PCs.
You can use LSS if available on your graphics card. This is because you can boost lots of FPS if you are using the LSS.
Here are the 3 different settings which we have for you, we are not sure how these settings will work for you. Because each PC reacts differently depending on the Graphics card and screen size it has, and also the available memory. These are worth a try and many users have said that they have seen good results from these settings.
Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Settings: –
This section is only for your gameplay preference and does not help in boosting the fps of the game. Crowd Density and Slow HDD Mode are available under the gameplay tab’s Performance section. Make certain to set,
- Crowd Density: Low
- Slow HDD Mode: Off
Cyberpunk 2077 Graphics Settings: –
- Quick Preset: Custom
- Texture Quality: Low
- Field of View: 70-90
- Film Grain: Off
- Chromatic Aberration: Off
- Depth of Field: Off
- Lens Flare: On
- Motion Blur: Off
- Contact Shadows: Off
- Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: On
- Anisotropy: 1
- Local Shadow Mesh Quality: Low
- Local Shadow Quality: Off
- Cascaded Shadows Range: Medium
- Cascaded Shadows Resolution: Low
- Distant Shadows Resolution: Low
- Volumetric Fog Resolution: Low
- Volumetric Cloud Quality: Off
- Max Dynamic Decals: Low
- Screen Space Reflections Quality: Off
- Subsurface Scattering Quality: Low
- Ambient Occlusion: Off
- Color Precision: Medium
- Mirror Quality: Low
- Level of Detail (LOD): Medium
- Ray Tracing: Off
- DLSS: Auto
- Dynamic FidelityFX CAS: Off
- Static FidelityFX CAS: Off
Cyberpunk 2077 Video Settings: –
- Display: 0
- VSync: Off
- Maximum FPS: On
- Value: 144-180 (Depends on Monitor Refresh Rate too)
- Windowed Mode: Fullscreen
- Resolution: 1920×1080 (Native Monitor Resolution)
- HDR Mode: None
2) Update to Latest Graphics Drivers and Optimize Them
One of the most vital steps in resolving any performance issues is to update graphics drivers. Cyberpunk 2077 has customized drivers to improve the game’s performance. So, check that you have the most recent version of drivers installed.
If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, go to the NVIDIA website and download the GeForce Experience application for your PC. However, if your PC has an AMD graphics card, you should update the AMD Drivers. The newest driver download links are provided below for manual updates.
If you have set the auto-update for your drivers then you need not worry about this. However, if you didn’t set it to auto-update, we recommend you to install the latest drivers and for making it less time-consuming and easy for you, it’s better to set them to auto-update.
Here’s How to Set Drivers to Auto-Update in Windows OS:
You need a software called Driver Easy for the auto-update. Driver Easy will easily detect your system and locate the appropriate drivers for it.
You don’t have to know what OS your PC is running, and you don’t have to risk updating the wrong driver, also you don’t have to stress over making mistakes during installation. All you need to do is:
- Download and install the Driver Easy application. Now open the app and click on Scan Now.
- After the scan, you will get a list of drivers and the drivers that are to be updated are flagged.
- Now press the Update button and it’s done!
But to get rid of the lagging, FPS drops and other issues you need to optimize them for Cyberpunk 2077. Thus, below are the changes to be done for both NVIDIA and AMD drivers control panels.
Changing the NVIDIA Control Panel Settings for Cyberpunk 2077 Lag Fix
You may modify several settings in the NVIDIA control panel to affect how the video card performs, and by doing so, you can improve the performance.
Some of the options you may use to improve Cyberpunk 2077’s functionality are:
- The preferred refresh rate should be set to ‘Highest available’. Set the maximum number of pre-rendered frames to one.
- Turn ON threaded optimization. Select ‘Prefer maximum performance’ as the Power Management Mode.
- Vertical sync should be turned OFF.
This can be done from the installation folder of the game, by opening the .exe file in it.
Making Changes in AMD Control Panel for Cyberpunk 2077 Lag Fix
This is just as NVIDIA mentioned above. But AMD has more options to change compared to NVIDIA, here is what you need to do.
- Make use of the application settings for both Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering Modes. Set Multi-sampling for Anti-aliasing.
- Turn OFF the Morphological Filtering. Set the Quality of Texture Filtering to Performance.
- Optimize the Surface Format. OFF the V-sync. Shader cache can be set to AMD optimized cache.
- Override application settings are recommended for the tessellation mode. OFF is the maximum tessellation level.
- Set the GPU Workload to Graphics. OFF the Chill. Disable the FR Target control.
The above settings for your respective graphics driver (NVIDIA or AMD) to see better results.
3) Disable Game Mode in Windows OS
Microsoft has lately included a slew of Gaming features to Windows 10, which operate in the background and consume a huge amount of memory without the user’s knowledge. And game mode is one such feature.
The game mode works pretty well for many games but at the same time, it isn’t that effective for games like Cyberpunk 2077. Thus it’s best to disable or deactivate this mode.
Many of the users have reported that they are having FPS drops when the game mode is ON. Thus, we recommend you disable this. If you don’t know how to disable the game mode, here’s how it’s done.
Click on the Start menu. Now go to Settings and then Gaming. Now look for the Game Mode option and toggle it OFF.
4) Disable Xbox Game Bar and Capture Background Recording
You will also see some tabs like Gaming Bar and Captures in Windows. You can Disable all the options present in these tabs for better results.
Follow the below steps to disable Xbox Game Bar in Windows:
- Go to the Settings in your Windows PC. Now click on the Gaming option and search for Xbox Game Bar (usually this should open immediately when you opt for Gaming).
- Now disable the Bar. Now click on the Captures option in the side menu. Look for the Background Recording option and disable that.
- After doing this try restarting your PC and then launching the game.
There is no proper evidence that this might help, but it’s worth a try. If this works for you please let that know in the comments section so that it might help others.
5) Disabling All Overlays to See Resources Details
Disable all overlays that are currently active. Overlays from apps such as Discord, NVIDIA, Steam, and others have been known to create problems in games. So turn off all of them. And here’s how to disable those Overlays.
Disabling NVIDIA Geforce Overlay to Solve FPS Drops in Cyberpunk 2077
Most people use NVIDIA, and so do I. If you are also using this just like me then it’s better to OFF the Overlay. You should see results immediately after this, if not then it might be any other issue.
This is a pretty simple and easy process, all you have to do is: – Launch the NVIDIA Geforce on your PC. Click on the Settings option and go to General. Now turn OFF the In-Game Overlay.
Disabling Discord Overlay to Get Rid of FPS Drops in Cyberpunk 2077
If you use Discord, bear in mind that the Discord overlay is not something you require all of the time. Because this affects the game’s performance and causes FPS drops. Thus, it’s best to turn it OFF.
- Launch Discord. Go to the User Settings.
- Here you can see the ‘Overlay’ option, click on that.
- You should see the ‘Enable Overlay’, just turn OFF the toggle button right next to it. And it’s done!
Disabling Steam Overlay to Get Rid of Lags and FPS drops in Cyberpunk 2077
The Steam Overlay can also slow things down at times (just like Discord). If you got Cyberpunk 2077 using Steam, you may disable the Steam overlay by following these steps:
- Launch the Steam app on your PC. Now head over to the Library and opt for Home.
- Right click on Cyberpunk 2077 from the games list and go to properties of the game.
- Next click on the General Tab and look for the Enable Overlay button. Just toggle it OFF and it’s done.
You can also do this in another simple way: Launch Steam >> Go to Setting >> Select the In-Game option >> Turn OFF the Overlay.
(Related – Fix Dark Souls 3 Stuttering Lag and FPS)
6) Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Only available in Windows 10)
As you can see this is only available for PCs with Windows 10. Do remember that you should have the updated version of Windows 10 for this as this is not available for old versions. Here’s what to do,
Go to Start and press on the Search option. Now type Graphics there, you must see ‘Graphics Settings’. Look for GPU Scheduling (Hardware Accelerated) and Turn it ON.
Note: You must restart your PC or system after Turning this ON. This is very important because you are changing the Windows settings directly here.
7) Set More Priority for Cyberpunk 2077 for FPS Fix
This option is available for almost all gaming CPUs. By setting the game priority you will let your PC know that it needs to give more preference to this game when it’s in use so that it gets more memory to work better. You can follow the below steps to do this: –
Open your task manager, this is very easy to do, just press SHIFT + CTRL + ESC all keys at a time and you should see the task manager.
Look for Cyberpunk 2077 and right-click on it. Opt Details and click on the .exe file. Now, click on the Options and set Priority to High. This can only provide some extra space for the game to run, so this can only boost your performance to some extent.
8) Make Sure Your Windows is Updated
The recent updates of Windows had some bugs and errors, especially for gaming PCs. It was a nightmare because most of the games started lagging and performance was dropped. And for this, Windows gave yet another new update with all hotfixes.
We recommend you get the latest updated version of Windows. You can update your OS from the Settings of your PC. Here’s what to do,
Go to Start >> Select Settings >> Next Update and Security >> Windows Update >> Select Check for Updates. If you got an option to update then press update, if not this means that your Windows is already up to date.
9) Set Custom Manage 3D Settings in Graphics Control Panel
Click on Manage 3D Settings, Go to Program Settings and Add Cyberpunk 2077, Make sure CUDA -GPUs are set to your main GPU. Power Management mode – Prefer maximum performance, texture filtering – quality – Performance Click on “Apply”.
10) Set High Performance in Graphics Settings
Open Graphics Settings, Browse – Navigate to game folder (Program files, Steam, steamapps, common, Cyberpunk 2077, bin, x64 and select Cyberpunk 2077 program and set high performance by clicking Options.
11) Delete Temporary Files
Deleting temp. or temporary files is a simple yet effective way to make a game’s performance better. As the name suggests these are temporary files that are just present on your PC and are of no use.
Even if you have plenty of space on your storage device, these files can take up a lot of space and slow down your PC. Thus, they slow the game and it feels as if the game is lagging. So, it’s recommended to delete or clear these files once in a while. And you can follow the below steps to do this,
Give a command with Windows + R key. Now enter %TEMP% or %temp% in the dialogue box shown. Press enter to get the list of all temp files. Now select all the files and press the ‘Delete’ key. Follow the same process with the new command “temp” in the Run dialog box.
This should delete all the temp files that occupied space. You can also select and delete the files that are only required, but it consumes time.
As the system always restores the required temp files or cache, we recommend deleting all the files shown and saving time.
(Related – Best Ways to Fix Lag in Grand Theft Auto 5)
12) Set Visual Effects to Best Performance Mode
If you have a PC with Windows 10 but do not have powerful hardware, you may alter the visual effects to speed up your PC. And you may disable them to free up system resources if you choose performance above appearance. Here, how to do it:
- Press R + Windows key on your screen. Now type ‘sysdm.cpl’ in the box and press enter.
- System properties will be displayed on your screen. Go to the ‘Advanced’ tab and press the ‘Settings’ option in the ‘Performance’ tab.
- Now in the ‘Visual Effects’ tab, select ‘Adjust for best performance’. Do not forget to apply it and restart your PC.
After completing the steps, using your PC will not only seem faster, but your computer will have some extra resources that can be dedicated to Cyberpunk 2077 and you can see the better performance (especially FPS is boosted).
13) Use Nvidia GeForce Now to Play Cyberpunk 2077 on a Low-End PC
To those who have a low-end pc and still want to play Cyberpunk 2077 game, I have great news for you. Nvidia has just released their cloud gaming service called GeForce Now by using which you can play high-end games on your PC and the graphics resources required for the game will be utilized from GeForce Now cloud service.
It means that you will be able to play any high-end graphics game like Cyberpunk 2077 without even downloading it on your PC.
But you must have a good unlimited internet connectivity plan to play games using GeForce Now because utilization of graphics resource packets is done at cloud service side and therefore you will require high-speed internet connectivity for a better gaming experience.
Cyberpunk 2077 Lag Fix FPS – Related FAQ
Below are some questions which are frequently asked by users regarding Cyberpunk 2077 Lag Fix. If you have additional queries related to the Cyberpunk 2077 game, you can ask us in the comment section.
Can I Play Cyberpunk 2077 without a Graphics Card?
Yes, you can play cyberpunk 2077 without a graphics card but you must have good internet connectivity (unlimited plan), high RAM, and a high-end processor, mostly the recent ones in the market. You will experience lagging issues a lot even after tweaking it with the above methods but it will surely make it playable for you.
Can I Play Cyberpunk 2077 on 4 GB RAM?
Yes, you can play Cyberpunk 2077 on 4 GB RAM but your PC must have a good processor (Intel Core i5-7400) and graphics card (Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB).
Can I Play Cyberpunk 2077 on 2 GB RAM?
No, you cannot play cyberpunk 2077 on 2 GB RAM even if you have a high-end processor (Intel Core i9-10900k) and an excellent graphics card (Nvidia RTX 3090) in your PC.
Can I Download Cyberpunk 2077 Crack?
Yes, Cyberpunk 2077 has already been cracked and is available on all platforms. But you must not download the cyberpunk 2077 crack version as it may contain a virus that might hack your personal information from the system. Support the developers by buying the game as it took them a long time to develop the cyberpunk 2077 game.
Cyberpunk 2077 is an extreme-level high-end game that lags a lot if you are playing it on a low-end PC. However, you can optimize the game and your windows which will help you to increase FPS in cyberpunk 2077.
If the article helped you to fix lag in cyberpunk 2077 then please do not forget to share it with your other friends who play Cyberpunk and want to increase FPS and reduce lag in the game.
While implementing the above methods if you face any error then comment below your query. I will provide you with a solution as soon as possible from my side. Looking for more Cyberpunk 2077 guides, you can check out such guides from here.